Pollution Prevention Partnership (P3)
Community Outreach at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Clean Fleet emission testing is a free service for any Nueces or San Patricio county business' gasoline or propane fleet vehicles. Please go to our page for details.
- Education and Information
Information about air quality in Corpus Christi and the surrounding area
Do you make a difference?
- Are you interested in:
- Pollution Prevention staff speaking to your community group or business?
- Pollution Prevention workshops or site visits to your business?
- Pollution Prevention visits to your school?
Please contact us at 361-825-3070
- Vehicle Emissions Program - AutoCheck: An innovative program to measure vehicle emissions and fix high emission problems.
- Community PowerPoint
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Powerpoint Show
- Alternative Fuel Vehicl Acrobat PDF
The Pollution Prevention Partnership (P3) started in 1995 to address air quality issues in Corpus Christi , an ozone near-nonattainment area. P3 resides in the Department of Community Outreach on the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi campus.
We deliver a broad range of services to business and the general public throughout the Coastal Bend. Programs include both Air & Stormwater programs, Exploring Wetlands & Waterways Camps , and Supporting Educators Program .We provide environmental education, pollution prevention, and environmental compliance assistance to citizens, schools, businesses, industry, and governments.
In partnership with the Adopt-A-Wetlands program, the Exploring Wetlands and Waterways Camps give children the opportunity to learn kayaking while exploring and learning about our coastal environment. Supporting Educators represents a commitment to providing environmental education training opportunities for our educators and assisting them in finding whatever resources they need to deliver outstanding programs to their students.
The Pollution Prevention Partnership is active in the community including participation in a number of community events including Bayfest, Earth Day/Bay Day, Adopt-A-Beach Cleanup, and others.
In 2000, we had the honor of receiving the Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence in Education and in 2007, the EPA Blue Skyway Award.