TAMUCC Community Outreach
Making a positive and sustainable impact on the educational attainment, economic development, and quality of life in our diverse community.
Building bridges between the Island University and the global community.
Objective 1 of 4
Help increase educational attainment in the region across the spectrum of learning.
- Strengthen innovation in educational youth programs, including boldly envisioned summer camps.
- Increase outreach to secondary students including dual credit, field based learning distance learning.
- Increase enrollment in extended education courses.
- Promote educational attainment of youth through parental engagement.
Objective 2 of 4
Match resources between the community and the University to enhance research, economic development, and commercialization.
- Identify community needs.
- Identify available resources.
- Develop systems for matching resources.
- Facilitate engagement between parties.
- Utilize RCO research capabilities to locate funding.
Objective 3 of 4
Engage diverse community to understand region’s educational, economic development and quality of life needs.
- Engage business professionals/industry to enhance local workforce by identifying/addressing changes and needs.
- Work with local school districts to tie educational initiatives to local workforce needs.
- Engage community organizations to promote the arts, sciences and environmental sustainability to elevate quality of life for all residents.
Objective 4 of 4
Strengthen Community Outreach by moving from delivery to management.
- Manage and facilitate faculty staff engagement with community.
- Manage and facilitate community participation in campus events and provide a welcoming environment.
- Manage and facilitate interactions with international companies located in the area to obtain global perspectives.
- Manage and facilitate opportunities for students, faculty and alumni to be engaged with the community through the University.